Canvas - Pursuit [RELEASED]

Canvas is back in hot pursuit.

Check for events we're hosting, or host your own here.

Topic author
Kit
Posts in topic: 3

19 Jul 2019, 17:24

Yo, the album is out. Check it out: https://tripulse.fanlink.to/revival
You can download it for free with that link by sharing on twitter, but may have to disable adblock for that to work.

Also, shirts! Stickers! HATS! https://teespring.com/tripulse-pursuit
Available until the end of January.

Also, you may have noticed already, but Sorixa redesigned the artwork and it's wonderful.

Now then, the original announcement post is below, thank you for your time.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for that horrible joke in the thread description. Anyway, I'm not going to put the whole announcement in this post, that's redundant. Go read the actual announcement if you haven't already.

So, here's the lowdown. Like it says in the announcement, your assignment should you choose to accept it is to look at this picture and make a song based on it. What kind of mood do you think this picture conveys? How do you feel about it? What do you think is happening? Keep all that in mind when you make your song, really try to paint your own picture.

This picture is the result of being prompted by a single word.
The word: Pursuit.

Sorixa made this, she's on twitter and hangs around here too.
Open the spoiler if you want a more detailed story suggestion.
Spoiler:
Here's a story I came up with.
How long has it been?
It feels like eternities pass and I get no closer.
I don't even remember what I'm chasing.
Why am I still trying so hard?
Actually, why should that matter at all?
The pursuit keeps me going.
Why stop running now?
No genre requirement, no tempo restriction, no key restriction, nothing of the sort. You have absolute creative freedom. As long as you feel like the song you make fits that picture, it qualifies. The only rule is that you can't be using uncleared samples and such, y'know, the usual copyright stuff.

Last time, some people felt creatively restricted by the theme even though I specifically stated that there's no restrictions. This theme should be easier to make higher energy music with than before, but lower energy stuff will still fit. So really guys, do whatever you want to do. A picture is worth a thousand words, I'm sure your favorites are in there somewhere.

Edit: Forgot to mention that there is actually one rule. Don't name your final track "Pursuit" please. There can only be one title track which is kind of unfair, and it's not very creative, so nobody gets the title track.

----------

So here's how you enter.

First, upload your track to soundcloud or clyp or anywhere else that we can stream it. If you have a mastered version, use that.
Make it a private link and post it in this thread for judging. You don't have to post it here, but we'd very much prefer it if you did.

Next, prepare an UNMASTERED VERSION and submit it through this form.
Submitting a mastered version won't necessarily disqualify you, but we'd strongly prefer unmastered files.

Submissions close on September 13th 2019.

After submissions close, we will judge all the submissions and choose the best of the bunch to go on the album. From those chosen submissions, there will be two prize winners.
First prize will win a $75 (USD) cash prize, and a free shirt.
Second prize will win a $25 cash prize, and a free shirt.
There may be an extra piece or merch for one or both of the winners, that's undecided as of yet.

As a reminder, we will be selling album merch for a limited time after the album is released, and 50% of all proceeds from both the merch and the album will be donated to Notes for Notes.

Our targeted release window is October 1st-9th.

----------

If you have any questions about the theme, want to discuss ideas with others, or want constructive criticism on your song, feel free to discuss in this thread or join our Discord server. If you have questions about the submission form, please private message me here on the forums or DM me on Discord.

Let's make something great happen!

springsight
Posts in topic: 1

19 Jul 2019, 17:53

Oh god. I gotta make somethin' for this. S'not my best stuff but I can try!

IAMDAN
Posts in topic: 2

20 Aug 2019, 05:21

I will make sure to make an entry for this!

Thesnakerox

31 Aug 2019, 21:03

Unmastered version of my submission. Hope you're ready for Trance, Dubstep, and Electro all in one track!

https://clyp.it/lm0zul5w?token=e8af3365 ... 1f6e6b9598

why_is_woreier

08 Sep 2019, 22:57

IAMDAN
Posts in topic: 2

09 Sep 2019, 03:01

I just completed the entry through the form! Let's hope for the best (:

epichord

11 Sep 2019, 05:26

Glowtide

12 Sep 2019, 18:18

Last edited by Glowtide on 13 Sep 2019, 18:06, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
Kit
Posts in topic: 3

14 Sep 2019, 14:30

Alright, submissions are closed now. If you just missed the deadline, let me know ASAP and I'll do what I can.